Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I'm just fixated at the moment on the addition to my lovely quilt top. I don't like the addition at all - especially the purple Kinnear print (normally a favourite) which really draws too much attention. On the other hand, the addition will be under the pillows. No, I can't convince myself of that. I'm just not happy that I've lost the simplicity of the diamonds. I know deep down that I should rectify the problem properly and unpick all the ends and add more diamonds ! what a monumental task that will be but a necessary one I am sure. Forward thinking is pushing me towards the major renovation! Pat, are you thinking what I am thinking?

5 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

Actually, I don't think the border looks bad - except for that one print. Could you just replace that one strip with something that blends better? After all, you don't want to lose any of those lovely diamonds under your pillows!

Amanda Panda said...

LOVE the diamond pattern ! Looks so beautiful.

Chicken Willow said...

I love the diamonds. I agree with Sarah, can't you just replace that strip?

Gina said...

Hey, I say follow your vision... if you're not 100% convinced about the border, then get that seam ripper out! This quilt is going to be your piece de resistance, so if you don't like a bit of it, that ain't going to work, even if everyone else loves it.

Gina said...

Hmmm, perhaps it would also be easier to just shorten your bed!!!