Friday, August 6, 2010

The beginning of my Liberty love

This quilt, made four years ago, was the beginning of my love of Liberty and my passion for collecting the beautiful Tana Lawn. I don't know that I've ever shown you before. It is the largest quilt I've made to date, quite an odd shape actually, as I have to rotate it sideways to cover my king size bed. It's made entirely from Liberty Tana Lawn - back, front and binding. The pillow shams were my first and only and they are now one of my most favoured things I've made. Thanks Gina for reminding me how special it is.







2 comments:

Christina said...

It's beautiful! What a lovely quilt to wake up to each morning.
:)

Gina said...

I already adored it (I must've seen snippets in a few posts)... but the pillow sham and the backing just make me love it even more.

How did you actually go about the quilting?