Monday, August 23, 2010




ahh bugger - the Liberty diamonds quilt was not long enough for my bed - I was sure to make it wide enough having past experience with a quilt not the correct width - but this time it did not fit the king size bed length ways. At Calico and Ivy on Saturday, during my crochet class, I was encouraged to "fix it" not settle for near enough / good enough. Pat suggested flying geese or Kaffe's wallpaper (horizontally) and I went for the wallpaper - with a row of 2.5 inch squares. I want to show you the whole quilt but it is so hard to photograph . I'm thinking of getting it photographed professionally when it's finished. It's my masterpiece, or at least it will be. For the back I'm cutting 12.5 inch squares - 80 or so will do the job.

4 comments:

felinabubo said...

che bei colori!! deve essere stato un lavoraccio

clare's craftroom said...

It is a masterpiece Danielle , just beautiful !

Gina said...

I love the snippets. I'm also looking forward to seeing the whole thing in its glory!

delia hornbook said...

Wow thats beautiful, i love your use of differnt shapes. my plan is to make a quilt through the winter months but having never made one before its a little bit scary ;-) But seeing the different styles makes me realise that really anything goes ;-) Lovely blog, well done ;-)) And lovely cute baby hats ;-))