Tuesday, May 18, 2010


hello, I'm still here - I had photos to share with you of my new quilt but unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera this morning. With Gretel now in high school I've been getting home late some afternoons and so I'm not as organised as usual. Normally I'm home by 3.30 (I start at 7.00am) but with hockey training and the hockey game I've not been home until 5.30 - 6.30 as there's not much point going home for an hour or so and then spending 25 minutes in peak hour traffic to drive from home to school.
There are benefits though as Gretel's school is about 35 seconds from Calico and Ivy so I've been loitering there - taking a project with me and chatting to Calico's lovely ladies. I've also had time to spend with friends, who I don't get to see often, and yesterday afternoon was spent with Leah, Emily and Annabelle and their company left a residual smile on my dial until I went to bed last night. A cup of tea and crafty chatter and a tiny bit of sock knitting is the best.
I will share photos of the new quilt when I get home.
I hope you are all happy and life is good! x
oh, and I must mention that Jag has been helping with the cooking and thereby assisting with crafting by freeing up my time! Last night I was very lucky, dinner was on the table not long after I got home which gave me time to sew and crochet and sew a bit more. Charlotte made a lovely bolognaise for her and Gretel and we had a piece of salmon and a vege medley - yum -still smiling today, even though I am at work (medical work)

1 comment:

clare's craftroom said...

It really is the simple things that make us so happy , just being able to spend some time catching up with friends is so important for busy mothers .