Wednesday, May 5, 2010

4 projects on the go (not to mention UFOs)

Before I blog about my stuff, it's worth having a look at Lynnie's ripple blanket
- it really is spectacular. I think projects made for Queen or King size beds take so much more effort, especially when nearing the end of the project and having to deal with its bulk.

and here are my four projects - I couldn't resist starting a new baby quilt even though I can't sew until I have finished quilting the Liberty wallpaper quilt as the walking foot is on the machine. I think I only have two strips to quilt now. I'm quilting the strips in different colour threads - and using the one colour on the back. I've done a lot of quilting as I had filled three bobbins and had to fill another so this quilt will have taken about 3 1/2 bobbins worth.



I have new stitch markers - little strawberries. They make sock-knitting even better. I bet lots of people collect stitch markers ... I can feel a purchase coming on. I do lose the little buggers easily - Gretel found two on the driveway once.


I'm making all 16 flowers (1 row = 16 blocks) and I'll then crochet all the cream granny squares around the flowers in one go. I'd LOVE to have another row sewn on before this week's crochet class at Calico and Ivy where Lynnie and I are teaching this particular block.

3 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

I am envious of your ability to knit socks - I've tried but don't have the tenacity to muddle through. I seem to do better on one craft kick at a time - and for me right now that's quilting. But your socks and crochet are lovely!

欣穎啟佐 said...

good~ keep sharing with us, please....I will waiting your up date everyday!! Have a nice day........................................

Shirl said...

Wow, such skill: the flowers are gorgeous.

Shirl x