Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Liberty Bricks and Stones





so excited - this is one of the first patterns I've ever used and stuck to! I love it. Purist Liberty Lovers suggested I should have used plain tana lawn but here it is in a ?Kona white cotton. I'm very proud. Next time I do this quilt in Liberty I'll use a light coloured Liberty print instead of the white sashings - perhaps Hurren. I'm also thinking of another using a white with pink spots for the sashings and lots of pink Kaffe and Kokkas. But first I have another Red Pepper Quilts pattern called Georgia's Quilt so I'll have to decide what fabrics to use - stay tuned ....

8 comments:

JHM said...

I love this quilt! It gave me an idea to try for a doll quilt I am working. Beautiful color selection.

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful. Certainly inspirational...as I now want to make one like this. I love it!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

RED PEPPER QUILTS said...

Oh my goodness! It is stunning, the fabrics are so very beautiful. You have done this pattern great justice. Beautifully made, you must be very pleased!

lynnie said...

drool drool dribble dribble...luverly...lynnie

Victoria @ BUMBLE BEANS said...

ok, i have to go break the bank to buy some liberty prints just to see how nice they feel washed up in a quilt..

Victoria @ BUMBLE BEANS said...

oopsie, i hit publish before I finished my thought!!! It looks great! how can you go wrong with those lovely prints? :-) Nice job!

Quilts on Bastings said...

Wow, beautiful quilt. It is great to see Red Pepper Quilt's pattern made up in Liberty fabrics - fabulous work!

Sarah said...

This looks so amazing. And I love the white, sometimes it's good not to be a purist!