Friday, December 11, 2009


someone loved this blanket soooooo much that they pinched it from the shop. I hope it has gone to someone who really appreciates it. how sad when people take what is not theirs, especially something handmade with hours and hours of work gone into it. This blanket is covered with our DNA - my hair, the dogs hair, the girls' hair, Jag too I suppose - I often crochet and find bits of hair being crocheted along with the yarn and to tell you the truth I don't always pull it out as its part of us, just like the blanket or quilt taking shape. I will survive! ps, keep your eye out for it which poses the question "what would you do if you saw it?"

9 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh that is so incredibly sad. A part of you is stitched into that blanket, I do not understand why people think they can take what isn't theirs. I hope a blessing comes along for you this week xo

imquilternity said...

How unfortunate! There's no excusing that kind of behavior but hopefully it went with someone who can really appreciate it or someone who really, really needs a warm and cozy blanket. Sad.

Sarah said...

Oh no Danielle, I've just taken a big gasp as I've read that! That is just so horrible - how incredibly warped are some people. I really do feel for you because I know the time, the effort, the emotion, not to mention the money that goes into such a gorgeous creation. Feeling for you. xx

Andi said...

How awful!!
Hope the coming weeks bring you many moments of joy and love.
And remember horrible blanket stealing person.... karma's a bitch!!!

Royal Empress said...

Wow that is a gorgeous blanket. I hope to make one one day as an heirloom piece.

Thea said...

Hi Danielle, I just found your blog and was about to comment on how beautiful this is until I read further. It really sucks that it was stolen as most of us know and appreciate how much work has been put into creating it.
If I saw it, I would honestly give the bearer the 3rd degree on where it came from and who made it? Andi's right, karma is a bitch!

LeAnn said...

Just ran across your blog this morning. You have such a wonderful eye for color. I'm sorry about the blanket though. It was quite beautiful.

solomi558 said...

Shame and name--cottonreel

dawnkristine said...

What a tragedy!